Frequently asked questions
Any items related to the NasoNeb® System – such as the compressor, replacement cup and tubing, moisturizing solution, and kits can be purchased from our website at nasoneb.com!
Simply check out our Products section above and you can see our full line of products.
The NasoNeb® Team works hard to ensure that all products ordered from our site are generally shipped on the next business day from the date of purchase. Based on our current shipping partners, it is estimated that you can receive your order(s) from 1 to 10 business days from the date of purchase.
For more details on this, visit our Shipping & Returns Policy found on the footer of our site.
Currently, the NasoNeb® System Compressor holds a 365 day warranty against any defects on the material or function of the device from the day it was purchased.
The System Cup and Tubing hold a 3 month warranty against any defects on the material or function of the item(s) from the date of purchase.
For more information on this, check out our Terms of Sale Policy found on the footer of our site or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries.
- For irrigation or cleansing, fill the cup with saline or NasoNeb® Moisturizing Nasal Solution halfway to the first line on the bottom of the cup
- For medicine delivery, place half the medicine into the cup
- Put the cup insert into the cup and place the cup assembly into one nostril, aim it straight in or slightly away from the septum (the middle of your nose that divides your nostrils)
- Turn the compressor on
- Turn off the compressor when empty
- Repeat above steps for the other nostril
- You may need to tilt your head more or less to find the best angle for your nose
- You may need to adjust the location of the cup forward or backward to find the best location for medication delivery
- Stopping after the first few seconds to blow your nose may improve delivery
Each session with the System can be as quick as 30 – 60 seconds for each nostril. This depends on you and how much solution you add to your NasoNeb® cup before starting your session. You’ll know when a session is over, as there won’t be any liquid left in the cup.
Be sure to follow guidelines above on amount of solution you add to the cup.
It’s quick and easy if you follow the steps below:
Make sure that the device is turned off and unplugged before cleaning
- Disconnect the cup from the tubing and compressor
• Never immerse the compressor in water to clean
- Ideally over a sink, remove the cup insert from the cup
- Then, wash both the cup insert and cup with soapy warm water
- Wipe the tubing and compressor with a clean damp cloth
- Finally, leave out to dry
Caution: You may rinse the cup and insert with hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol. Avoid the use of harsh detergents or cleaning agents. These may damage the plastic components, cause fogging or other undesirable effects. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
Caution: Do not allow water to enter the supply tubing
Tip: If water enters or condensation forms in the supply tubing, connect one end of the supply tubing to the compressor and run the compressor until the water condensation evaporates.
The compressor has a filter installed in the filter holder. There are additional filters included in the system. Check the filter every six months of use, whichever occurs first. If it is dirty, replace the filter. Additional filters can be purchased on our Products page or the retail location you purchase your system from.
- Pull the filter cover out of the compressor (the cover pulls straight out)
- Remove the filter from the cover
- If the filter is discolored, replace with a new filter, otherwise, put filter back into the filter cover
- Insert the filter cover back into the compressor
You can share the compressor but cannot share the cup and tubing to avoid the risk of infection from others. The cup and tubing set is available for purchase on our Products page.
With good cleaning practices (as seen above), it’s recommended that the cup & tubing you use for the NasoNeb® System be replaced every 6 months. This helps to keep the System running smoothly and follows good nasal hygiene practices.
No problem! The NasoNeb® Team is ready to help you out with your concerns.
Look at the following guidelines to help you find out what’s going on:
- Is the compressor plugged into an outlet? Ensuring proper connection to the device is a great start
- Are there other nearby outlets to try/test the compressor connection? It’s important to make sure that a fuse or circuit breaker hasn’t been blown out
- If you’ve tried all the steps above please contact our Team via email at email@example.com and we’ll be glad to further assist you
- Make sure the nozzle is inside the nostril before you turn the device on
- Turn the device off before removing the nozzle from your nostril
Yes, some liquid dripping is normal. Usually, this happens when the cup is filled with large amounts of liquid to begin with. During the use of the NasoNeb® System, ensure that the cup isn’t pointing towards the septum of your nose and continue to run the device until all the liquid is gone from the cup.